Fairytale

Fairytale

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Oh, no you didn't!!

Ok, my hubby is 98% perfect, 98% of the time. Honest. But this morning, he showed his other 2%...and completely ignored his inner voice screaming "DON'T SAY THAT TO HER!!" But then again, maybe that voice was asleep....
He reached over to rub my belly...to make sure that it was STILL THERE. (duh!?) I, naturally, had a pregnancy-hormone induced freak out: "YES, It's still there...YES, I"m still pregnant. I'm going to be pregnant for freaking EVER, I'll NEVER have this baby, I"m going to be pregnant for 11 months, just like my AUNT, they'll have to cut this baby out of me."
Him (here it is): "Oh, you know that's not true...it'll happen eventually..."
Me (blubbering): "Yeah, and in the *bleep* meantime, I'm waddling like an obese duck, I can't do crud around the house, Can't keep up with the kids, I can't sleep at night, just thinking about food gives me heartburn, my hips are killing me and I can't sneeze without feeling like the baby is gonna go flying."
Then he says....."Ok, I just want to make this isn't all about me."
Me: "WHAT?!"
Him: "You know....are you just worried because I can't start my vacation yet & you feel bad about that?"
Yeah, his 2% obviously lacked sleep last night & had to make itself known this morning. If he'd been awake, he'd been his normal 98% perfect self and just held me when I had my meltdown, whipping out a chocolate bar afterwards.
But that's OK...I still love him. :o) He told me I was still beautiful & sexy after my freakout. Any man that can fib like that & make it sound so believable has to be perfect, right? :P

1 comment:

  1. I bet you are going absolutely nuts. I know I was the last time I went over... enjoy that chocolate chai tea and go jump on the trampoline some more :)

    *hugs!*

    ReplyDelete