Fairytale

Fairytale

Friday, September 30, 2011

Channeling my mother

*shudder*You know the things you hear your mom say to you & you think..."I will NEVER say that to MY kids!".
Yep, I've been channeling my mother. Lord help me.
Things I've said to my kids in the past 2 weeks alone:

~A little soap & water never killed anybody.
~Am I talking to a brick wall?
~Answer me when I'm talking to you!
~Shut your mouth, I'm speaking!!
~As long as you live under my roof, you'll do as I say.
~Beds are NOT made for jumping on.
~Bored! How can you be bored? I was never bored at your age.
~Close the door! You don't live in a barn.
~Do you think I'm made of money?
~Don't ask me WHY. The answer is NO.
~Do you think your socks are going to pick themselves up?
~Don't make me come in there!
~Don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been.
~How many times do I have to tell you?
~I don't care who started it, YOU stop it!
~Stop crying, or I'll give you something to cry about.
~Do you want some cheese with that whine?
~Do you want a medal? Or a chest to pin it on?
~I brought you into this world, and I can take you out!
~I said CLOSE the door, I did not say slam it!
~I didn't ask who put it there, I said PICK IT UP.
~If you can't say something nice, keep your mouth shut!
~Now, say you're sorry...and MEAN it!
~What part of no don't you understand?
~Wipe that look off your face before I do it for you!
~Just wait until your father gets home!!

But one thing I always say to my kids that my mom rarely said to me:

I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment