Fairytale

Fairytale

Monday, October 3, 2011

The Nightlife

This is, I think, my favorite time of the day. Bedtime. The time when the only sounds in the house are little snorts, snores & thuds (sometimes the kids fall out of bed....or get pushed out by a sibling...whatever).
Although, when the hubby isn't home, it gets a bit spooky.  Is the dog barking because the cat sneezed? Or is there really a burglar outside ready to crawl through my window & steal my valued possessions? (No worries, I've hidden the chocolate)
Is that the hamster running on his wheel? Or Freddy Kruger sharpening his glove on the chalkboard? (maybe I should have him sharpen my butcher's knife while he's at it, it's really dull)
Is that the cat running down the stairs? Or a racoon & his turtle friend emptying my cupboards & loading their wagon with food? (hope they like beans & rice)
See? Things can get pretty spooky when you've got an active imagination & no man to wield your baseball bat.

If you need me, I'll be hiding under my covers with a flashlight & some chocolate. After all....if I can't see THEM, they can't see ME.
.......right??

No comments:

Post a Comment