Fairytale

Fairytale

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Let's try that again....

So after watching an episode of Mythbusters where they tried out that old camp trick of sticking a sleeping someone's hand in a bowl of warm water (to see if they pee the bed), I thought....."What a fun idea! I'm gonna try that tonight with my kids!"
Ok. Stop your groaning. I know you've stopped to think through the consequences...but I haven't learned to do that just yet. May be a trick that comes in handy, though.
Anyway. First up, I thought I'd try it on my 2 yr old. She's a pretty deep sleeper, so it should work GREAT. But after sitting there with her hand in the water for a solid 5 minutes, my patience is wearing thin. No wet, soppy results yet. OH. wait. She's still in diapers. DUH.
Ok, on to victim #2. Think I'll get that 15 yr old. He's been pretty moody today, so this will be fun. It's off to a terrific start, I only spilled half the water going up the stairs. Now to navigate my way over to his bed....across the piles of clothes, legos, toys & other teenage things.....trying not to trip or wake up the other 2 boys. Oops, spilled more water. Oh well, there's still enough to dip his fingers in.  So now I've made it. Let's get those fingers in here. Wait, he's sleeping on his hands. Hmm. Well, toes should work too, right? OK. Let's grab some toes! Got his piggy toe in there. Not really enough room for the others. Sitting here for 10 minutes. My legs are numb and I'm getting hungry. *sigh*
I give up. I think I'll just pour the water over his butt and see if he notices.
Reaction: SNNNNNZZZZZZZZ
So now I haven't woken anyone up, haven't made them pee, and have wasted a good 30 minutes stalking around my house making a wet trail to mop up.


Well. Fine. It didn't work for Mythbusters, either. In retrospect...maybe it's a good thing it didn't work. I am the one that has to change & wash the sheets. (told ya I need that think-of-the-consequences thing to kick in)
Guess I'll have to try something else.
Maybe that shaving cream in the hand thing.
Mwwaahahaaaaa. Yes, I know the perfect kid to test that one on.......

No comments:

Post a Comment