Fairytale

Fairytale

Friday, October 28, 2011

D.I.P.S.

Dumbness
Induced by
Pregnancy
Symptoms

Long time, no post.
Well, OK. It's only been a week. A very LONG week.
Oh, the things I've seen, smelled, done, prevented & cleaned up this week! And the kids made some messes, too! :P

It's getting to that special time in the pregnancy where the D.I.P.S. take hold. Now, I've ALWAYS had some of the D's. In fact, they never left after baby #4. I think they've taken up permanent refuge. Honestly. Just ask #2, who needed some milk for his cereal, looked for it for 20 minutes, and *finally* located it in the microwave. Guess who was the last one to use the milk? Uh-huh.
And what's worse....do you know how hard it must've been for me to FIT it in the microwave to begin with? We can barely get a bowl of ramen noodles in there, for crying out loud, much less a 1/2 gallon of milk. I'm sure it took some shoehorning, but I certainly don't remember it.

That's all perfectly normal around here. Happens quite often, in fact (we go through a lot of milk).
So, no....the D.I.P.S. that I'm referring to are worse. Example: Hubby had this morning off work, so he suggests I go grocery shopping alone (gasp!). Yay! Off I go. Several employees at  store #1 say to me "Oh, all by yourself today?" And I say..."No...the kids are here somewhere.", completely convinced that they were.  UmmmHmmmm.
A few mornings ago, I put my jeans on inside out. And never even noticed when I had to reach INSIDE my pants to put something in my pocket. My 2yr old had to point it out to me before I noticed. My older kids, bless their hearts, never said a word. Or maybe they never noticed. And if they DID, just thought it was normal.
Yep.

So that stuff isn't really bad. Embarrassing, sure. But I've still got 4.5 months to go. There's plenty of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment